Courses for foreigners in Italy
Italian language courses offered by Italian Universities:
Italian language, culture and other subjects for foreigners
Please check the list of schools, centres and academies that offer courses on various subjects for foreign students.
The search can be performed selecting the region and/or the city and/or the subject. The subject field contains general subjects such as “Italian Language”, “Design”, “Music” and “Singing” that can be checked on the websites of the schools chosen.
Among the range of Italian courses it is possible to see whether they take place at schools that focus exclusively on Italian language courses for foreigners or at schools that offer language courses along with other courses such as arts, fashion, design, cooking etc.
The schools of Italian language and culture that have been awarded with the “Presa d'atto del MIUR” are a guarantee of reliability and quality as far as the organisation and the level of the courses provided is concerned, as they have been inspected by the Ministry of Education, University and Research.
By visiting the schools websites, our users can verify if they belong to associations that guard the quality of the services provided.
- ASILS (Associazione Scuole di Italiano come Lingua seconda)
- AIL (Accademia Italiana di Lingua)
- FIYTO (Federation of International Youth Travel Organisations)
- ALTO (Association of Language Travel Organisations)
- IALC (International Association of Language Centres)
- TANDEM (International Network of Quality Language Institutes)
- EAQUALS (The European Association for Quality Language Services)
- IHWO (International House World Organisation)
It is important to know whether the schools are recognised as “Ente di Formazione” and if they are able to give certifications regarding the proficiency in the Italian language.
As regards the schools that seem not to fulfil these requirements please make sure that their websites contain clear and precise information on:
- the terms and conditions (fees, deposits, and if they are given back in case of cancellation);
- where the courses take place (building, rooms, infrastructures, technical equipment);
- students accommodation (costs and locations);
- teachers (qualifications and CVs);
- teaching-aid material.
Find Italian courses